Pure Energy Press
The following are anthologies with open submission calls in our children's division:
1. Our Furry Friends - This anthology will feature stories about animals and other tiny companions. We'll have three sections: Nonfiction, Fiction, and Stuffed Bestie. This is a charity anthology, with 20% of proceeds benefitting Phoenix Children's Hospital. Word Count: 2-5k. Deadline: January 2021
2. Senses in Motion - This anthology will feature art, music, poems, and short stories... a wide range of art a literature to capture the hearts and minds -- and senses -- of its audience. Word Count: 2-5k. Deadline: May 2021
3. Back to School (working title) - This anthology will feature a wide range of stories, poems, and artwork revolving around the theme of returning to school. This anthology will have separate sections: Fiction, Nonfiction, Weird Science, Discoveries, etc. This is a charity anthology, with 20% of proceeds benefiting schools in the U.S. If you'd like to nominate a school to be one of the beneficiaries, send your recommendation to with the subject "Back to School Nomination." Let us know what school you have chosen and why you are nominating them. Word Count: 2-5k. Deadline: July 2021
4. Campfire Tales - This anthology will feature short scary stories like the ones you might tell around the campfire. Spooky, creepy, and spine-tingling tales of terror... think Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark? This is a charity anthology, with 20% of proceeds benefiting Camp Corral. Word Count: 2-5k. Deadline: April 2021
5. HalloTeen - This anthology will feature scary stories written solely by teenagers! So, get creative and invoke your inner Stephen King. Word Count: 5-10k. Deadline: September 2021
*Word count requirements are for stories only, and they are more guidelines than anything. Exceptional stories will be accepted regardless of word count. However, formatting requirements MUST be followed.